September woke me up :)



It has been a crazy rollercoaster feeling! 😧

Starting with my wonderful birthday (yay to live for another year!), lots of design mentoring & partnership requests, I thought September was a delightful yet productive month for me.

However, I couldn't imagine that I would got hit by layoff in my current company. Sucks, yeah. It was very sudden and I couldn't prepare for it. Now it has almost been a month of job-searching task and full of self reflections.

Am I sad? Yeah, of course. I have seen waves of layoff in my previous companies too, but I didn't expect I would be impacted myself this time. And I can really assure you, no, it is not always because of the employee's performance. The industry has been hard, and companies are struggling for sustainability. 

Cutting the chit-chat, so what I feel I learnt from this experience: 😉

1. To never settle with my comfort zone: There are things beyond my control, and it is always nice if I have backup plans. Luckily I had taken a freelance project so I don't feel "guilty" of "doing nothing" while job-hunting. 😬

2. As painful as it may sound, we are replaceable: I learnt the hard way that no matter how big you think your contribution to the company/client is, you are still at risk of disbanded. I remember how my closest ones strive to be their own boss, having their own business, and it resonates with me a lot now. 👋

3. To forever feeling grateful: I believe that we grow each time we overcome new challenges. A stagnant life may be boring and less meaningful too. I would gladly take this opportunity to reinvest in myself, finding out what I really care about and take action for it. Also, I made a lot of new friends here and find a bunch of support system! 💕

Well, till next time! I will come back stronger! 💪

Komentar