2020: The New Normal



Hi everyone,

Hope you are all safe & healthy until now! πŸ’—This 2020 has been awful at times. We can't go out, we can't meet our loved ones, we worried sick of our parents & grandparents. 😭Dang, it hits me as well that I wish I have spent more time with people around me. I would also give you my condolence if there are people you know who got caught with Corona. 

I've been working from my home for almost 3 months now. I admit that I'm very lucky because my workfield isn't affected much by this Corona pandemy. As a UI/UX designer, my work is quite individualistic that I can do it anywhere as long as I have my laptop and speedy WiFi. We just remove our meetings and discussions through online chats & video conference. 

Aside from my 9-5 work, I also took more free time to be mentor in online UI/UX Design classes. In the free time, I tried to upgrade my cooking skills (yeah I rarely hit the kitchen before) especially for desert πŸ˜†

I hope you are doing well with your routine too :)

Enough about that, let me use these next paragraphs to encourage and lighten your mood during this hard times. Per this June 2020, we are entering the New Normal where you can now be in public but with proper safety attributes. Do you dare to go out yet? Well, I am not yet. πŸ˜…

Anyway, I feel that this pandemy helps us to maintain some good habits, though. We can always follow these protocols even after Corona is over.

1. Keep your body clean!

Wash hands. Take a shower as soon as you get home. Don't touch your face regularly before making sure your hands clean. This is really great to your acne-prone skin! πŸ‘

2. Stay focused and refresh your mind as well!

24hr at home means no work surveillance, but don't make it an excuse to be a potato. Wake up and sleep at times you usually do. Reduce your procrastinating time of reading emails, tapping IG stories, etc. Now that you actually have more time (minus your work transport hour), do things you love or things you have abandoned. Work out, take a walk with your pet, do groceries shopping, read books, anything! 😊Oh, I also found that detoxing my social media intake puts me in a healthier way, so I am more in control & be mindful of what I should be doing instead. Say bye to jealousy and hate speeches as well!

3. Cherish your time!

They say this pandemy doesn't affect the introverts as that is what they always do. LOL. That doesn't apply to introverts who aren't living alone. Well myself is actually in between (I'm an ENFJ btw), so there are times when I feel energized being with other people, but also times when I just want to be exiled. Know what you need, communicate it thoughtfully to people you are surrounded by. Have your space, and when you see each other, make unforgetful moments! πŸ’•

4. Be and stay connected!

Hello, technology! Just take your phone (I know it is with you now) and chat your highschool friends, videocall with your parents, interact on social media. It's never too late to ask how they are doing or what games they are playing. You don't need to find topics, because there will always be something to talk about and enjoy the silence in between. Just be you. πŸ˜‰

Again, I never thought that I could write long posts until I reach the end, but that four points feels incomplete. If you read this and have additional routine you would like to add, please state them in the comments below. I would be very happy to know! So, what do you do at this New Normal? πŸ˜„

Komentar